3rd Bodmin Scout Group takes the issue of privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting and respecting our users’ privacy online. This Privacy Statement sets out our current data processing practices and should be read in conjunction with our terms and conditions. If you have any queries or concerns regarding these practices, you should contact us.
1. Who we are
3rd Bodmin Scout Group
The Scout Hut
2. The information we collect
3. Registration information
When you contact www.3rdbodmin.org.uk, we ask for your name, email address and postcode. If you are contacting us about joining we will also ask you for a Date of Birth, this is to allow us to place you or your child in to the correct section. We usually also capture your IP address at the time you register. Data may be held for the duration of membership or until such time as your booking/information request has been fully dealt with.
4. Sharing of data
We may share data supplied by you (or collected about you) with other parts of The Scout Association – We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties with regard to any donation you make to 3rd Bodmin Scout Group.
www.3rdbodmin.org.uk may include interactive advertising for other businesses as part of the site operation. We may use, and provide to third parties, your contact details if you have given us permission to do so.
6. Legal jurisdiction
All personal information and details held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
7. Further information
www.3rdbodmin.org.uk will as part of it’s normal operation send out information emails to it’s members.
8. Disclosure of data by order of a Court and Security
We reserve the right to communicate a Member’s personal information as we hold to third parties who are empowered by regulation, statute or order of a court.
We have security measures in place to protect our customer database. Access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each Member’s responsibility:
- to keep their password secret
- to protect against unauthorised access to your personal details
- to log off from the service when not using it; and
- to ensure against use by anyone else of the Service through the machine that Member uses while they are “logged on” to the service
- to search and obtain only the data specifically required and allowed for relating to their role.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to put reports together and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including information about the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.|
|These cookies make the most effective use of your screen resolution for user logged-in areas. Session cookies only last as long as your browser is open.||These cookies are essential for running the site and ensuring that the site is displayed in the most appropriate format for your device.|
10. The Data Protection act
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner’s website at http://ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection.
If you want to contact us to raise any questions about this privacy statement, or any general matters relating to, you can contact us using this email address: email@example.com.
Please use this address if you wish to request from us a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Please note that under English law we are entitled to charge you a fee for providing this service.
12. Google Analytics
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system
- Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen)
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
– Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data.
– Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics
– The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
– Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data is only used to optimise our website for our visitors.
This data DOES NOT include any personalised identification information such as:
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Mailing addresses
- Bank account numbers
- Credit card information
13. Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
To get in contact with 3rd Bodmin Scout Group with regards to a Subject Access Request (SAR), please write to us on the address above.